Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Simple Days

These are my bookshelves that my grandfather very graciously made for me to fit perfectly under my windows. They are about 8 feet long! I love them. I painted them black and my mom freaked out because she doesn't like black and wanted me to paint them cream. But I painted them when she wasn't home. But reading is my second love and my books and clothes are my prized possessions, so its only fitting to have a nice place to put them.
So for my AP art class next year I have to do projects over the summer. So one is to do a self-portrait with an awkward angle, and then another is to do a self-portrait using objects and/or materials that aren't commonly used in painting or drawing. So I haven't decided whether this is a weird angle. Which I'm leaning towards it not being...but I used egg cartons on my hair...its still in progress. I have to paint it still and add more to it. But it's coming along nicely. And my mom said it looked somewhat like me which is what I'm shooting for obviously.

Before the hair.


A random sketch of a model. I think this came out of an old teen vogue. I water colored some of it. But I need to fix it, it looks awful.



Sometimes I like it simple. I love this coral shirt. Its from Forever 21. Jeans from American Eagle and a black sweater from TJ Maxx. It's good to dress simple from time to time. You can't go wrong with classic jeans, tee, and a sweater. Of course I added my wench boots to go with the outfit...but it ended up being warmer than I thought so I put my flip flops on. More posts to come! It is 90 outside today...so I am trying to stay cool.
xoxo
Heidi



No comments:

Post a Comment